So Sri Lanka: Trying kottu
When all you see along the way are store signs saying “kottu,” you just have to try it. While traveling to our hotel (3rd night, 3rd hotel), almost every food stall we passed was selling kottu. It was everywhere, so I was so curious. I told Thisara that we have to try this kottu.
They brought us to a restaurant serving kottu. Each of us ordered our own kottu (different flavors). And then when our orders came in, gulat kami kasi ang laki ng serving, parang isang bandehado yung isang order, good for 3 to 5 people. At this point, I don't know why we are still surprised na ang lalaki ng servings nila, eh nakita na namin sa ibang restaurants na malalaki nga ang servings nila. And we ordered one each, all five of us. Good thing na-cancel pa namin yung last two orders at nag-share na lang kami sa tatlong orders ng kottu.
Kottu is a popular Sri Lankan street food, parang noodle dish, but made of chopped roti, stir-fried with vegetables, spices, and meat. We tried different versions, I can no longer remember, definitely may chicken dyan. Malasa siya and mabigat sa tiyan, parang pansit lang din.
Photos: https://www.facebook.com/irishrd/posts/pfbid02fdcXndY4HS4FbnPB3thBZCWbRGjFRnvdQ8CHDKV9KwTVKfSY7cpKohhYxJpRQYxdl
Comments